In an effort to support the goal of lifelong learning and as a public service, the Redwood Falls Public Library will provide proctoring services during regular library hours. Proctored exams are subject to the availability of authorized staff and resources. The library will proctor written, emailed, or online exams.
Proctoring Service Policy:
- Students must make arrangements for exam proctoring in advance. When making appointments, students must supply name, telephone number, date, and time of exam. Library computers need to be reserved for online exams.
- The Library Director or designee will monitor the exam.
- Professors must notify proctor in advance with the requirements of the exam.
- If the exam is written, it will be the student's responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the Library.
- Students are expected to come prepared with the necessary supplies to take the exam.
- Proctors will NOT monitor a student continuously during an exam. Proctors will enforce any time limits that are placed on the exam, as well as other rules set forth in the examination materials.
- Use of cell phones or visiting with others while taking a test is prohibited.
- The library will keep tests until the stated deadline and then will destroy them. Library staff will not copy finished exams or keep exams past the deadline date.
- In the case of a technical difficulty, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the college for assistance.
- Completed exams will be returned to the testing institution only via the envelopes or packaging provided by the student or institution.
- Students are responsible for all costs associated with the exam.
- The library is not responsible for any delayed tests or for any completed tests once they have been mailed back to the educational institution.
Testing accommodations vary among library facilities. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the physical facility is adequate for their test taking requirements. Quiet study areas may not be available at all locations. Proctoring tests is a service provided as a courtesy and scheduling exams is at the library's discretion.