Visit the Library to complete the registration. You must have a photo ID (driver’s license) and proof of current address, such as a utility bill or rental agreement. Print out the application here, or get one at the Library. (PDF link)
Library cards are free for all Plum Creek Residents. Lost cards can be replaced for $3.00.
There is no age limit for cards, however, a parent or guardian of the child must be present and provide a photo ID and proof of address, just as they would for their own card.
Three weeks for most materials.
- One Week – DVDs, cake pans, kits, back packs, outdoor learning kits (DVD Series (multi-discs) check out for three weeks)
There is a $2.00 per day, per item fine on overdue DVDs.
Overdue fines for other items is $.15 per day, per item.
- Go to the library catalog.
- Click “Log in to your account” in the upper right corner
- Enter your login information, which is your library card number, and password is the last four digits of your card. If for some reason your login did not work, please call the library for help.
- You’re logged in! Now to place a hold, type the word, phrase, author, title or subject you are looking for in the search field at the top of the screen, then click “Go.”
- Click “Place a Hold” on the item you wish to request
- Select the Library where you would like to pick up the item (if not Redwood Falls) from the drop down box under Pickup Location
- Click “Confirm Hold”. Once your item arrives at the library you will be notified, and you have 1 week to pick it up.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? You can also place a hold on mnlink.org, which searches all Minnesota libraries. Log in using your library card number and password is the last four digits of your card. Pickup location should first be Plum Creek Library System then Redwood Falls Public Library.
Newly released items are unavailable for loan. Your card must not be expired and you cannot owe fines in order to use Interlibrary Loan. There is no fee for this service.
You will be notified by phone or e-mail once the materials have arrived at the library.
Most materials will be loaned for 3 weeks. Renewals may be possible by contacting the library, but not guaranteed.
- Go to the library catalog.
- Enter your login, which is your library card barcode number, and the password is the last four digits of the library card. If for some reason your login did not work, call the library for help at 507-616-7420.
You will see all the items you have checked out and their due dates.
Renewals may be done in person, by phone, or through the online catalog. The item cannot be renewed if it is on hold, the renewal limit for the item has been reached (which is one time), or the patron has been blocked due to fines or overdue items. Items borrowed from outside the Plum Creek System cannot be renewed unless a special request is made.
- Go to the Library catalog.
- Click “log into your account” in the upper right corner.
- Enter your log in information, which is your library card number, and password is the last four digits of your card. If for some reason your login did not work, please call the Redwood Falls Public Library for help at 507-616-7420.
- To renew an item, select the renew box next to the item you wish to renew and click on “Renew Selected”.
- If you wish to renew everything, click on “Renew all”.
- Items may be renewed once.
- Items that are on “Hold” may not be renewed.
- If an item is from outside of our system, a special request to renew must be made to the Library.
To renew an item that is overdue, please call the Library at 507-616-7420.
When the library is closed you can still return items using the bookdrop on the East side of the building.
The library provides e-mail notices for when a hold arrives and as a reminder of due dates. If you would like to receive an e-mail notice, stop by the library or call and ask a librarian to add it to your account.
Step 1 – Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
Step 2 – Open the app and find your library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code. (Plum Creek)
Step 3 – Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title. When prompted to sign in, you’ll need a valid library card.
Step 4 – Borrowed title appears on your shelf and downloads to the app automatically when you’re connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your shelf, tap loans (at the top of the screen). From there, you can:
- Tap Read With . . to choose where you’d like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open in Libby to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
- Lending period is 14 days.
Wi-fi is available at the Redwood Falls Public Library. No password is required and there is no fee for the service.
The library also has public computers available for use. Please stop at the circulation desk to check in. There is a time limit of one hour unless exceptions have been made prior to use.
View the Internet Use Policy.
Printing can be done from each of the public access computers. Wireless printing is available.
The public photocopier is located near the circulation desk and can produce copies, color copies, and scans.
- $0.25 per page + tax for black and white
- $0.50 per page + tax for color
The Fax machine is located in the staff area. Staff will assist in sending your fax.
- $1.00 per page + tax
- A cover sheet is required which the library will provide.
- Incoming fax is $1.00 per page + tax
Tell a staff member you would like to request the purchase of an item, or Contact Us with your request to library staff.
Requests are reviewed to see if they fit the library’s selection criteria. If a requested item is purchased, your name will be automatically placed on the holds list and you will be notified when the item is available.
Checks or cash can be dropped off at the Redwood Falls Public Library.
Donate online or by mail:
To make a donation online or by mail, visit our Make a Donation page for more details!
Donations of Items:
Clean and gently used items are accepted for the Friends of the Library Spring and Fall book sales, 2 weeks prior to the sale.
- Books – hardcover and paperbacks
- CDs – music and audiobooks
Donations NOT accepted:
- Readers Digest Condensed Books
- Damaged books (i.e. mildew, dusty, damp, ripped, marked-up)